Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Raspberry Cream Meringues


A bit of a sad story to these meringues. I actually made them for an Enjo party I was hosting, but on the day I was unwell and had to cancel it.

I had planned on filling these with a lemon curd and vanilla cream, ahhh they would have been delicious.


Instead they sat unfilled in an airtight container for a week. By then I had moved on from the lemon and decided to rework the white chocolate raspberry filling from the original recipe in Sweets on a Stick by folding in a cup of whipped cream.


They turned out pretty yummy, so actually not so sad at all in the end.


The Meringue recipe is from Sweets on a Stick as is the Raspberry White Chocolate filling......just modify by folding in 1 cup of whipped cream to the cooled filling and pop into the fridge until chilled.



I do think I made them a bit big, I swirled the rosettes using a large 1M Wilton tip starting in the center and working my way out. Next time I'll be using a smaller size tip so the finished meringues are more petite bite sized.

Hopefully I'll have it worked in time for the rescheduled party.



Recipe modified from Sweets on a Stick by Linda Vandermeer:





Or here at fishpond (Aus/NZ)

Sweets on a Stick: More Than 150 Kid-Friendly Recipes for Cakes, Candies, Cookies, and Pies on the Go!

5 comments:

  1. Your meringue roses are perfect. Love the raspberry accompaniment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm...I cannot almost taste and feel them in my mouth and on my tongue, great photo's...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can just imagine the tart berries together with the sweet meringue...YUM!

    ReplyDelete