Monday, May 10, 2010

Cupcake Taste Off - Frosting vrs Buttercream



cupcakes boxed up ready for a helpful taste tester

Sometimes I sit around wondering about cupcakes.

Is that normal, I'm not sure, but still I wonder. Do people prefer frosting or buttercream, chocolate or vanilla, pink or purple?

Hmmmmm........ there's really only one way to know for sure - a cupcake taste off.

So yesterday I baked up a batch of cupcakes, iced them and today have been handing them out to some very helpful testers.

Buttercream vrs Frosting


Now all the hard work is up to the testers. It's not all just eating delicious cupcakes. These dedicated testers have to try both types and then let me know which they prefer.

Italian Meringue Buttercream - Vanilla on Vanilla

Italian Meringue Buttercream vrs Old Fashioned Frosting.


Old Fashioned Frosting - Vanilla on Vanilla


I'm looking forward to hearing the results from my team of testers. Stay tuned I'll let you know the result.

1 comment: